By Balitang America, ABS-CBN North America Bureau
Oct. 3, 2014
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – The Philippine Department of Justice says a rape complaint filed against “It’s Showtime” host Vhong Navarro lacks evidence and has been dismissed.
Roxanne Cabanero claimed that Navarro raped her when she was a contestant at Miss Bikini Philippines Pageant earlier this year.
But the DOJ says Cabanero’s complaint against Navarro was contradictory, suspicious, and of doubtful nature.
The DOJ also junked Navarro’s complaint against Cabanero saying she lied under oath about the dates of the alleged incident.
Earlier this year, another rape complaint against Navarro by model Deniece Cornejo was dismissed by the DOJ.