By Balitang America Staff, ABS-CBN North America Bureau
Jan. 14, 2014
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. The US coast guard has suspended the search for the 34-year-old Filipino crew member who went missing more than a thousand miles northeast of Hilo, Hawaii.
Reports said the crewman jumped from the cruise ship Grand Princess last week.
More than 4,900 square miles were searched, according to the coast guard.
The unidentified Pinoy’s employer Princess Cruise said he intentionally jumped from the vessel, as confirmed by the cruise ship’s closed circuit video system.