U.S. military officer says ground troops may be sent to combat ISIS

By Balitang America Staff, ABS-CBN North America Bureau

September 16, 2014

REDWOOD CITY, Calif – President Barack Obama has repeatedly said that there will be no U.S. combat troops on the ground in the fight against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

But top U.S. military officer, General Martin Dempsey, told a Senate Panel Tuesday that is considering calling in U.S. troops, if necessary.

President Obama’s plan, announced last week, includes an air campaign and equipping and training Syrian rebels.

The U.S. has launched an airstrike offensive against ISIS over the last few weeks.

Dempsey, who appeared alongside Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel before the Senate Armed Services Committee said, “My view at this point is that this coalition is the appropriate way for it. I believe that will prove true, but if it fails to be true and there are threats to the United States then I, of course, would go back to the president and make a recommendation that may include the use of U.S. military ground forces.”

One Comment

Leave a Reply

*

*

  • Max
    17 September 2014 at 12:46 am - Reply

    In my opinion,Obama follow the Brzezinski strategy from the One World Gov’t. It could be the winning strategy or will result to WW3.Bombing ISIS is only a cover,the primary objective is to is bomb and overthrow Assad, in order to provoke Putin and drag him into war. Brzezinski, the brain on the fall of USSR,and during the Arab spring, he said at CNN “We brought down Marcos in 10 days,Mubarak will fall within 20 days”.For more reading type… www;globalresearch.ca/The war in east Ukraine US-NATOs paranoid falsification of reality 5400195…

  • POPULAR POSTS