By Balitang America Staff, ABS-CBN North America Bureau
March 19, 2014
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – A nearly seven-year old double murder case came to a close Tuesday with a guilty verdict delivered to the men charged with the shooting deaths of a Sacramento, Calif. Fil-Am and his infant son.
Chris Strong and Donald Ortez-Lucero were found guilty for shooting and killing Sean Aquitania and his seven-month-old son Sean Junior at point-blank-range in 2007.
Both men were found guilty on two counts of first degree murder, as well as one count each of residential burglary and attempted robbery.
The jury said that Strong and Ortez-Lucero set out to rob a drug house in South Sacramento when Aquitania arrived with his infant son to visit a friend who lived at the residence.
During a struggle with Aquitania, the jury said Ortez-Lucero’s gun went off.
The baby was hit in the head by that bullet.
The investigation revealed that after realizing his son had been shot, Aquitania flung himself on the gunman before he was shot and killed.
The two men will return to court on May 9 for sentencing.