Recovery efforts begin after devastating Camp Fire in Northern California

CHICO, CA — According to authorities, the Camp Fire that destroyed over 150,000 acres and claimed more than 80 lives is currently 75 percent contained.

And as rescue workers continued to search through the remains of homes and buildings — the city of Paradise is looking toward rebuilding.

Members of the Paradise Fil-Am group are already working together to share information about getting the best help possible in rebuilding their lives.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, provides state and local governments with experts and funding to assist in the rebuilding efforts.

Victims of the fire can get assistance with loans, relocation, and even get help working with their insurance companies.

Many people are in need of assistance but for this Pinay, she is content with the services being provided.

According to the California Office of Emergency Services, the debris cleanup after Camp Fire is expected to be the biggest since the 1906 San Francisco earthquake — with the initial cost estimating about $1.2 billion.

Federal funds will provide for about 75 percent of the town’s recovery costs. For the remaining 25 percent, most of that will be covered by the state.

Private insurance and individuals will be responsible for rebuilding their homes.

No Comment

Leave a Reply

*

*

POPULAR POSTS