Pinoy Panawagan: Petitioning a child

This question on Pinoy Panawagan comes from Joy, who is asking about petitioning her daughter — who has a birth certificate with errors.

I have a daughter in the Philippines who will turn 18 this June. The problem is on her birth certificate; her registered mother is my mom, and her father is my dad. The age of my mother in the birth certificate is 21-years-old, and she was listed as a first born child. We filed a case in the Philippines petitioning her birth certificate to be changed or transferred to my name but the case was dismissed. Can I still petition her, or should I petition my mom first and let her petition my daughter as her own?

No Comment

Leave a Reply