PINOY PANAWAGAN – March 31, 2014

Atty Lou Tancinco answers your immigration questions on Pinoy Panawagan.

7 Comments on this post.

Leave a Reply



  • Michael
    1 April 2014 at 9:32 am - Reply

    I am currently in the US as a tourist. My b1 visa will expire on 2018. Both parents are green card holder , while my sister is a US Citizen. I’ve been flying back and forth as a tourist since 2008. I’m 38 years old and single. My question is if any of my green card holder parent can petition me? How long will it take? Both parents are not working. If they file a petition now as a green card holder, will that affect my existing tourist visa which will still expire on 2018? Will the filing of petition cancel or terminate my B1 visa? (Cause I’m still planning to go back here nbefore 2018) if I apply for student visa pending my parents petition, is is possible or will there be any conflict? Thank you and looking forward for your prompt response.

  • Jhun Reyes
    1 April 2014 at 7:12 pm - Reply

    Tanong ko lang po about my wife petition po siya ng kanyan amo since 2007 matagal na po siyang may labor certificate and approve na po sa immigration tanong ko po pwede na po ba siyan mag change status

  • Pinoy Panawagan
    1 April 2014 at 8:03 pm - Reply
  • Anonymous “A”
    2 April 2014 at 4:08 pm - Reply

    Hi Atty Lou, I am a US citizen and I petition my siblings thru F4 category and was approved on May 1991. After I submitted all the required payments and documents on 2011, the priority date retrogress. by then my nephew is under 21 years old, but now he is over age. Do I need to use a form to apply for a Child Protection Act? but IF, what kind of form will I use? And since that was pass three years ago already, When the priority date become current for us, do I need to submit a new Affidavit of Support with a current Income Tax Return also? Please advice.
    One more thing, We found that the Marriage date of our parents (both passed away) to my Birth Cert. has a different date with one of my siblings BC. We tried to get a copy of a MC of our parents to our local Municipality and or local Parish, but they don’t have any records. Is this will affect my petition to my siblings? Please give me an idea of what necessary way to do. I waited for so long for this petition for them and I want this case to be approved by the Immigration. Please help what to do. Thank you