PINOY PANAWAGAN – February 4, 2014

Atty Lou Tancinco answers your immigration questions on Pinoy Panawagan.

• Christine salazar
    5 February 2014 at 6:08 am - Reply

Hi Atty. Tancinco i’ m a green card holder and i want to petition my family back in the philippines i want to know if what is the best move to start. I’ve been here in US for almost 5 yrs. this coming Feb. 10, so do i need to petition them as a green card or do i need to file naturalization first? My eldest son is turning 18 yrs. of age on Sept. 12, 2014.

• Joan tuazon
    5 February 2014 at 5:25 pm - Reply

Hi , it ago na Lang po ako sa panalan a Joan . Ang tanong ko po ay possible po ba na Makuha ko ang anak ko sa pinas na naka pangalan sa kapatid ko dahil itinago ko sya sa asawa ko ? Ano po. Ba ang pwede kong Gawin ? Sana po ay matulungan nyo ako . 16 na po sya ngayun ako po ay citezen na dito .

• Joan tuazon
    5 February 2014 at 5:34 pm - Reply

Hello attorney Lou , ako po ay isdang citezen na at gusto ko po sanang ma kasama ang anak ko . Itinago ko po sya sa asawa ko sa pinas na po sya lumaki at ang kapatid ko ang nasa birth certificate Nya. May chance po ba ako na Makuha ko ang anak ko . Nag reremit po ako ng pera buwan buwan para sa lahat ng gastusin nila ako din po ang kinikilalang mama ng anak ko di po nila itigo sa kanya yun ang di Lang malinow ay ang birth certification Nya .sana po matulungan nyo ko . Salamat po ng marami … Joan

• Susan Aquiatan
    16 February 2014 at 3:58 pm - Reply

I have a grand kid who diagnosed of profound hearing loss I want her to come here for 2nd opinion medical check up.What are the requirements I need.his father already have Visa to States.and I am willing to give affidavit of support. They are in the Philippines. How can I get her as humanitarian Visa.

• Rowena lapuz
    27 April 2014 at 4:49 am - Reply

Hello Atty. Tancinco. My husband and I were petitioned by his sister in 1995 and same was approved the same year under 4F category. Our priority date is September 1995. Based on the visa bulletin issued by the U.S immigration, the priority date being processed at rhe moment is October 1990. If We are to compute for the time our visa number would arrive, it will be about 5 years from now. We were petitioned 18 years ago and we are both 53 years old now. We both want to pursue our respective careers when we are still both physically qualified to do so. We have already waited a very long time for this. Is there a faster way to obtain our visa? Thank you for enlightening me on the matter.

• Yolanda Murray
    22 February 2015 at 8:01 am - Reply

Hello Atty Tancinco., I’m a US Citizen following up my petitions for sisters and my brother
    priority date was Sept 1995.
    When the petition was approved their childrens were still really young, now they’re over 21 but still single.Can they bring their childrens with them once the visas ready for issued? And also what year or date are the 1995 and 1996 priority date processed?
    please advice. Thank you.