By Balitang America Staff

April 19, 2013

BOSTON—Residents of the suburb of Watertown, Mass. endured a dangerous siege which began Thursday night, as police and federal officials searched for the two suspects of the Boston Marathon attacks.

The intensity of the situation began Thursday afternoon, when the federal bureau of investigations asked the public’s help to find two men who were seen on surveillance footage…
Walking together in a crowd of spectators at the Boston marathon.

On Monday. The two men were later identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26 and Dzhokhar tsarnaev,19. The men were seen setting down a backpack at one site near the marathon finish line where the explosion happened.

But the violence began late Thursday with the robbery of a convenience store, not long after the FBI released images of two suspects

At around11p.m. Police were called to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus, where university police officer Sean Collier was shot, and later died.
The police, at that time, reportedly believed the bombing suspects were responsible for the shooting.

By early Friday morning, police said the two suspects hijack a car at gunpoint in Cambridge, and took the driver hostage.

CNN reported that the suspects told the driver they were the Boston Marathon bombers. But about a half-hour later, the hostage was reportedly released the driver at a gas station.

By 1 a.m. Friday, police caught up to the suspects’ vehicle where they reportedly throw explosives and fire shots at the officers.

In the resulting shootout, one officer was wounded and one of the suspects, Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed.

CNN reported that their source said the younger suspect ran over Tamerlan when he drove away.

The residents of the Watertown, the suburb about eight miles west of the Boston where the siege took place, then put on lock down, as police went house-to-house, in search of the surviving suspect.

Public transportation was suspended and authorities told residents to stay indoors. Vehicular traffic has been prohibited and a no-fly zone order was placed over the city.

No Comment

Leave a Reply