Meet your TFCKat: Francis Sto Domingo

By Troy Espera, ABS-CBN North America Bureau

October 14, 2013

REDWOOD CITY, Calif – He’s part of TFCKat’s final 5, and 17 year-old South Carolina crooner Francis Sto. Domingo thanks his parents for helping him pursue his dreams in music.

“When I was three years old, Dad would always work four jobs,” Sto. Domingo said during a pre-semifinals interview. “Mom was struggling with everything. And no matter what, they always supported me with music”

While this young musician is no stranger to performing in front of audiences, he says TFC’s annual talent competition is one of the biggest things he’s ever done.

“I have auditioned for ‘The Voice’, but this is my first big competition that I’ve done,” he said. “I was completely shocked and I’m just thankful to be here among such talented people”

With his trusty guitar he trekked across the country to the TFC studio in Redwood City, Calif. to join 29 semifinalists, all vying for a chance to compete at the finals at One Kapamilya Go! at California’s Great America on Oct. 20.

“I’m feeling kind of nervous actually,” he said. “It’s a mixture of excitement and nervousness.”

In the end, he wowed the judges with a Maroon 5 cover and an acapella salute to the King of Pop Michael Jackson.

“To my family and all my friends in South Carolina: I love you guys and thank you so much for supporting this,” he said.

Will Sto. Domingo be the next TFCKat grand prize winner and the next big singing superstar?

Find out at one kapamilya go!

• Josie
    17 October 2013 at 8:53 pm - Reply

Go Francis! We love you!!! You’re our star!

• Vernie
    18 October 2013 at 6:26 am - Reply

This is a great opportunity for you to share your God given talent. It is a blessing to be one of the finalist of this prestigious talent search. And for that, give glory and honor to God. Whether you’ll get the title or not, for us you are already a winner and we are so proud of you. Wishing you all the luck.

• lota
    18 October 2013 at 7:00 am - Reply

Grandma is right!!! you are already a winner…wishing you all the luck. You have all our prayers!

• Jet Lavares
    18 October 2013 at 2:24 pm - Reply

Goodluck , Francis!! We’re all very proud of you!

• Ric Tam
    18 October 2013 at 2:36 pm - Reply

Goodluck Francis!

• edygirl
    19 October 2013 at 7:34 am - Reply

hi francis…i know your family for over 2 decades already. I met your mom & aunt when they were teenagers. I watch your video, and you are a very talented young man. To be one of the finalists in this competition, is already a WINNER. Win or loose, you are already a WINNER to us. My family and I wish you GOOD LUCK! Just be yourself and enjoy your singing. God bless you & all your loved ones.