Jinggoy: "I did not steal a single centavo!"

By Henni Espinosa, ABS-CBN North America Bureau

Nov. 8, 2013

SAN FRANCISCO – Embattled Philippine Senator Jinggoy Estrada spoke up for the first time, after Janet Lim Napoles, the alleged mastermind in the ten billion peso pork barrel scam testified before the senate hearing on November 7.

Estrada was among the senators mentioned during the hearing that supposedly received kickbacks from Napoles, who allegedly set up fake organizations in an effort to steal public funds.

“It’s all pure hearsay. I am not guilty. I have done nothing wrong. I did not steal a single centavo from our people,” Estrada said.

Despite already facing a plunder case, along with Napoles and other senators, Juan Ponce Enrile and Bong Revilla, Estrada still traveled to the U.S. on November 2 for a long-scheduled medical trip.

This morning, he accompanied his wife to the UCSF Medical Center in San Francisco. “We are seeking a second opinion for the medical condition of my wife, Precy, because she discovered a lump on her breast. I arrived earlier in the U.S. earlier than her. I submitted all her medical documents and the reason why she wasn’t able to travel with me together was because my eldest daughter was hospitalized. She arrived last night,” Estrada explained.

His sent this message to people who think he’s not coming back to face the charges against him. “I was born in the Philippines. I was raised in the Philippines. I will die in the Philippines. In due time, I will prove that my critics are wrong.”

Filipinos here are torn. Others believe in Estrada’s innocence, while others don’t.

“I don’t think he’s capable of doing that. But you know, it seems that everyone in Philippine politics has to play dirty,” said Rusell Tiongson.

Patricio Torres is among those who think Estrada is among the guilty. He said, “You can see it from their actions.”

Through this toughest challenge of his political career, Estrada’s wife, Precy, said she will always stand by him. “In my heart, and my children’s hearts, we know he’s not guilty. We know he’s a good man, and he’s helped a lot of people,” she expressed.

Estrada concluded, “I think I can survive this.”

Senator Estrada assured the Filipino people that he will return before the senate resumes its session on November 18, ready to face the charges against him.

For now, it remains to be seen whether his name will be cleared in this scandal that’s turned Philippine politics upside down.

You may contact Henni Espinosa at henni_espinosa@abs-cbn.com for more information.

• quirina
    8 November 2013 at 6:51 pm - Reply

Liar ! Liar! Liar! Ginabaan ka na Jinggoy anak mo na ospital asawa meron na ren MAKONSENSYA KA NA.

• conrad
    8 November 2013 at 7:05 pm - Reply

I know God is watching. He’ll go to jail like his father.

• JD
    9 November 2013 at 12:08 am - Reply

Hey Jinggoy, if you say you didn’t do anything wrong ? Why your name came up with the others Senators? I do think your guilty, and I think your wife knows that your guilty ! I think if found guilty you should step down from office ?

• Kikay Pang0
    9 November 2013 at 7:00 am - Reply

He said it before that he has a lifetime commitment is to serve his own country and to its citizens …. A commitment have had conflicting intention of greed , betrayal and immoral behavior .

• libturd
    9 November 2013 at 6:38 pm - Reply

yeah right…junggoy made his BILLIONS through his hard work! daming hit na pelikula mo! LOL btw…bilhan mo daw ng pasalubong si JLN…pwede daw ba ternong gold na purselas? yung di-susi!!!!

• Delia
    9 November 2013 at 9:44 pm - Reply

Is there any honest politician this days ? Most are liars also thieves and neither one can be trusted. Why do they get voted in over and over again ? Well, because voters are just too busy listenning to propagandas and busy collecting freebies from politicians hand out. Wake up !!!!!!!

• Odra Cir
    10 November 2013 at 10:02 am - Reply

It is amazing, absurd and unbelievable how one can conceal deceit or a lie in front of a camera. Alam ng taong bayan kung anong ginawa ng mga gagong politicians na ito. Humanda kayo, humanda ang Pinas sa mga taong maipapatay bago ilantad nila ang mga katotohanan. At ang “due-process” ng gobyerno, kabalbalan lang yan…nasaan si Charles Bronson ng Pinas?

• JD
    11 November 2013 at 8:23 am - Reply

Balitang America Tv, Let me ask you a question do you think ? The pork scam is a circus ? Look at the people you talk to ? Jinggoy in America look at the way the he act? He sure can lie and his wife is guilty !like him ! He and all Senators that is guilty should step down if found guilty. Get all of them out of office !

• Wilhelmino Pablo
    11 November 2013 at 9:07 pm - Reply

I wonder if the good senator has signed up for Obama care (we all know that he’s not eligible). I was just thinking how much money he and his entourage will spend while here in US getting medical treatment for himself and his wife (i’m sure they don’t have medical insurance). Can’t he just leave his wife here and immediately go back to PH and attend to the needs of those people affected by the monster typhoon? This is the right time to spend some of their pork barrel “allowances” to help those victims…Have a great stay in the US, senator…