Foot Locker on Pacquiao: “No plans to work with him”

In response to a number of tweets urging it to drop Manny Pacquiao as an endorser, sportswear retailer Foot Locker clarified its relationship with the Filipino boxer.

In a tweet Foot Locker wrote:

“Foot Locker worked with Manny Pacquiao briefly and we are no longer in contract with him and have no plans to work with him.”

Foot Locker had earlier emailed the same statement to Aries Dela Cruz, the New Jersey Fil-Am who launched an online petition calling on Nike to cut ties with Pacquiao. Dela Cruz’ petition came as netizens criticized Pacquiao for comparing people in same-sex marriages to animals in a TV interview.

On Wednesday, sportswear maker Nike announced it had officially fired Pacquiao as its endorser.

As for Foot Locker, Pacquiao’s two Foot Locker commercials in 2014 and 2015 went viral. They received praises for capturing the on-again-off-again intrigue that surrounded the Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight that finally occurred last May.

• HELLO
    19 February 2016 at 1:00 pm - Reply

Look people, Foot Locker and Nike, who in the hell your people think you all are? Look Manny is only human and has a brain of his own, look he was ask a question about “GAYS” and he answer it with the truth on what he thinks from his heart and brain. Look everyone is not same in thinking about “GAYS.” To me as of today, I will not buy anything from Foot Locker and Nike, because If I’m going to be push around on my thinking about “GAYS.” I don’t want nothing to do with Foot Locker and Nike company. Gays to me is sick in their head, if they don’t know what is right or wrong in having sex, brother you all is ANIMALS.” Manny Pacquiao your the “MAN.” that really believe in God and the”BIBLE.” And I say to of you that don’t believe in “GAYS” don’t buy any thing from Foot Locker and Nike their losers.

• Kenikeni
      19 February 2016 at 4:14 pm - Reply

Fuck you asshole!!

• HELLO
        24 February 2016 at 8:40 pm - Reply

Kenikeni, go “FUCK” yourself “JERK.”

• Arbi
          29 February 2016 at 5:49 pm - Reply

@Hello, GO FUCK YOURSELF INSTEAD! you are a BIG ASSHOLE!

• TaraTara
      19 February 2016 at 5:11 pm - Reply

Your grammar is so bad its turning me gay, I think its so bad that you don’t qualify to be called christian or hold a bible, its considered a sin. who the fuck cares if you don’t buy Nike or Footlocker stuff? I’m pretty sure you can only buy once every 5 years. The whole Philippines can stop buying and it won’t dent these companies earnings, a piss poor country, with stupid sense of morals and hypocrisy to boot. Im sick of filipinos, backwater way of thinking. no progress, ridden with so much crime and corruption, dude your cheap country has bigger concerns than gay marriage, China is about to own you, stupid fools. HIV is rampant on your country and people speak all high and mighty like you guys are so clean? yuck.

• HELLO
        24 February 2016 at 8:39 pm - Reply

@Tara Tara, I’ll say one time to a stupid Filipino, if you think your smarter than anyone in my home of America? Get the fuck out of my home before American will kick your rear end out of America, brother you understand what I said oh do I have to draw a picture for you “JERK.” What in the hell you think, you are to tell anyone about the Bible.

• TaraTara
          28 February 2016 at 4:11 pm - Reply

HELLO! Please draw a picture, Your english is so bad I didn’t understand any of it. Don’t even pretend to be American, your english is so horrendous it makes me sick. What you are is stupid Filipino monkey, pretending to be american, you’re not fooling anyone and please by all means keep thumping the bible, keep sticking to your self proclaimed righteousness maybe you’ll lean something aside from hate.

• TaraTara
            28 February 2016 at 4:14 pm -

* is a stupid, *LEARN

• HELLO
            29 February 2016 at 4:30 pm -

Tara Tara, sister if you think I’m not American, wow your a “DUMB” Bitch, I’m not acting sister. You are a dumb Filipino, go back where you came from under a rock.
            You think I can’t talk good English, look Bitch I can tell you didn’t travel around America, if you have money go down to Alabama, Georgia, and tell them they don’t have good English and see what happens to you, they will kick you fucking ass. So dummy watch what you say to Americans, because we will kick you ass. Do you understand Filipino or do I have to draw a picture for you “DONKEY.”

• TaraTara
          29 February 2016 at 6:19 pm - Reply

I don’t think you have bad english, I KNOW you do. First of all, quotation marks, please learn to use them properly, second of all your grammar is still bad, obviously, you don’t know how to conjunct a proper sentence, third of all, Im fucking british, so fuck off! your american ass don’t scare me at all and lastly, I won’t bother traveling to those dull places. I won’t bother replying to your comments anymore, I wasted enough time with you. Stupid thug.

• HELLO
            1 March 2016 at 7:51 am -

Hey Tara Tara, who gives a shit what you think. Just watch your mouth in America. Do you understand dummy. Don’t come here to my country and make fun of our English do you understand Filipino. Yes you a dumb Filipino trying to tell us Americans how t talk when you Filipinos can’t hardly talk English at all, that’s why you Filipinos have the junk jobs in my country of America. If I was you better watch your mouth because the next time you make fun of our English, it might not be on the computer, and say it in public and see what happens to you, do you understand brother or sister.

• I love the LGBT community but i hate their agenda
    20 February 2016 at 2:18 am - Reply

Matthew 10:22
    You will be hated by everyone because of Me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.