Filipina woman sues US Government over wrongful deportation charges

By Balitang America Staff

Nov. 4, 2013

REDWOOD SHORES, Calif–Sharon Arlanza Yost is suing the US government for 2 million dollars for negligence, false imprisonment, and causing emotional distress after she was detained for several months in 2010 and 2011, and threatened with deportation because she was accused of being undocumented.

Court records show that Yost is claiming that US immigration officials made a mistake when she was arrested on May 14, 2010 on what her legal counself call a “purported, but baseless belief” that she was undocumented and subject to deportation.

Courthouse News reported that Yost pleaded guilty to possession of methamphetamine when she was arrested in 2010.

When Yost produced a certificate of US citizenship, the government alleged that the document was fraudulently obtained, but records show that Yost came to US as a child and granted full US Citizenship when her mother Candelaria Arlanza married US Navyman Richard Allen Yost.

Yost’s complaint was filed in October and the government’s answer is due by December.

• Kikay Pang0
    5 November 2013 at 4:56 am - Reply

She’s hoping for a big pay day to support her drug habit . … Good luck !!!

• Sharon yost
    6 November 2013 at 7:05 pm - Reply

Before you comment something like that, please have your fact straight first. I made my mistakes and learned from it. Not live with it because with God, I know my life is worth saving.
    Thank you for your comments.
    Sharon Arlanza Yost

• JD
    6 November 2013 at 11:15 pm - Reply

Someone made a big mistake and will have to pay for it ? Sharon only one thing I don’t understand is why it took so long to make it right ? US Government don’t make a big mistake in wrongful deportation ? Good Luck !

• Sharon yost
    7 November 2013 at 1:42 pm - Reply

Procedures usually takes quite awhile. Along with having the right and proper documents.

• orlando rodriguez cosme
    10 November 2013 at 10:16 am - Reply

for you sharon gusto kong malaman mo ng lahat na mga tricks or gimmik mo bulok na dahil sa ginawa sa akin dahil sa mga habit na tinatago mo dahil malambot kong puso ko naniwala ako tinangap kita sa rented apartment ko kami ng aking kapatid at itinuring kapatid sa mga kapit bahay ko pinakilala kita for your safety pero eto pala iyon latest mo maging star sa buong mundo sharon yost arlaza your good blib ako nag pa kita kana pang famas award ako lang naman si kuya olan utuin sa mga pag akit mo para sa pansariling kaligayahan na ayaw kong maka gawa ng kasalan na aking iningatan kong pangalan honor dignity and pride na ibinigay ng aking mga magulang para maging isang may word of honor palabra de honor ako iyon pero ginawa mo akong laruan kulang nga lang yung gusto mo e its my line sorry. accident happen work injuryako now hope maka recover ako surgery ang aking last option spinal stenosis ang case ngayon pain ko lalong naging worse e but i was born a fighter. in the first place save mo ako ikaw ang drive ng car ko sa sharp hospital salamat doon sa ganon ang aking payo sa iyo save kita sa bad habit na sumira sa iyong trabaho at nag aaral sa school chula vista LVN ang masakit ninakawan mo yung aking giya sa pag turo ng aking daan para sigurado ako di maliligaw fresh na fresh ng pinalad makita ang land of the braves united states nangangapa ako sa dilim unang hilling ko unang sahod unang minahal ko nag patulo ako ng aking pawis at dugo magkaroon ako kasama sa pag lakbay ko sa work anong ginawa mo sa akin ngayon your a big star sa buong mundo salamat sa mga bff na nag bigay ng saya at memories na may good heart and good mind for sharing for being as a open sa lahat sa taong may ambisyon sa larangan pag subok how good you are na may roon kang isip mai pag mamalaki mo sa mga circle mo,ako gusto mabasa ng lahat dito ko masasabi sa kanya still im a good guy na handang tumulong sa mga nalligaw ng landas sana lagi pinag sasabi kinalat na hate a liar/ salamat balitang america for posted star na aking unang frustration ko sa amerika salamat.gusto ko hadlangan siya kasi ambisyon lalong lumala maraming tao ang pahihirapan ni sharon arlanza yost.

• Sharon
    11 November 2013 at 3:09 pm - Reply

Orlando. .
    We do things to our ownself. Whatever I did in the past. I did to myself. And I don’t blame others for my own mistakes. I’ve done my crime and did my time. You chose to do drugs not I forcing it down your throat! You would travel several hours just to get your high. So please don’t blame me. With your surgery its from your work. I was not in the picture when it happened. I did my time because you guys said I did all those to you guys. Its okay. Because God knows it was your choice not mine. So good luck with all you do. I don’t want part of it. Baka ako nanaman ituro nyo . Someone has to pay right. To clear yourself from your family you have to blame somebody. I’ve already took the blame for you and did time for it. San naman this time you take responsibility for your own action.
    God bless you and your family. Stop lying to them and yourself!.

• DP
    12 November 2013 at 8:48 am - Reply

She’s done a lot of things to people and used my friend for money and a place to stay, last I heard she was a prostitute. I guess now she’s Looking for a easy payday and the lime light. You forgave yourself but yet you did not think twice on apologizing to the people who were kind enough to help you instead you left them all broken. Just because your typing and throwing god in your sentences does not change who you are, we know your hiding and trying hard not to look bad in front of all the people who will read or see your article, we know who you are and frankly your a known crook who does not deserve a reward. If you somehow do get paid our government is not doing their job. They had every right to keep you in jail. Remember Karma is a bitch.

• Sharon
      13 November 2013 at 8:05 am - Reply

I’m sorry for all of those who’s hating. I’m not trying to clean myself from anything. And if saying things about me that is not even true. Will make you feel better then that’s on you. Prostitute? WOW! #9 of the Ten commandment of the Holy Bible. “Thou shalt not make any false witness against thy neighbor” Basically it clearly says don’t talk bad about othersy. You’re absolutely right karma will get you back 10x worst or 10x good. I know who I am and what I’ve done wrong. I know who’ve helped me and those who’ve stabbed my back. My karma is good because I know I’ve done good to people and GOD knows who I’m from head to toe. GOD never left my side that is why I am still standing today. He is my reason to say and will continue to say, “My life is worth saving”. So if anyone else wants to say bad things about me. Sky is the limit. Just know that all your negative words will not hurt me because with GOD I know where I stand.