By Balitang America Staff, ABS-CBN North America Bureau
March 31, 2014
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – The Filipino American teacher in Richmond, Calif. accused of molesting his male students went to court Friday, where family members of his alleged victims spoke out for the first time.
Victims’ family members said they went to the Martinez court seeking justice.
Guinto faces 27 charges including lewd acts with a child and kidnapping.
Prosecutors say Guinto brought 11 and 12-year-old male students of Making Waves Academy in Richmond on overnight field trips and molested them.
Guinto’s lawyer, Robert Beles, asked the court on Friday for more time to review the evidence.
Beles says Guinto is prepared to defend himself against the charges.
Meanwhile, the West Contra Costa School District where Guinto was hired as a 7th grade teacher while under investigation, voted unanimously to toughen its hiring practices.
The district admitted to failing to check Guinto’s references in their background check because Guinto had worked there previously as a substitute teacher.
Guinto heads back to court in May.
This filipino boy is gone, he must be crazy, he’s Nuts. He’s looking at 50 years in jail !