Life sentences, no parole for killers of Fil-Am father and baby

By Balitang America Staff, ABS-CBN North America Bureau

May 9, 2014

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – A Sacramento Superior Court judge on Friday afternoon sentenced the two men convicted in the 2007 shooting deaths of Fil-am Sean Aquitania and his infant son to life in prison with no chance of parole.

Chris Strong and Donald Ortez-Lucero were found guilty on March 18 for shooting and killing the 21-year-old Aquitania and his 7-month old son Sean Junior at point-blank-range back in Sacramento seven years ago.

Both men were found guilty on two counts of first degree murder, as well as one count each of residential burglary and attempted robbery.

05202013_Aquitania Murder Update

The jury said that Strong and Ortez-Lucero set out to rob a drug house in South Sacramento when Aquitania arrived with his infant son, to visit a friend who lived at the residence.

During a struggle with Aquitania, the jury said Ortez-Lucero’s gun went off. The baby was hit in the head by that bullet.

The investigation revealed that after realizing his son had been shot, Aquitania flung himself on the gunman before he was shot and killed.

Lucero and Strong can still appeal the sentence.

One Comment

Leave a Reply

*

*

  • JRB
    11 May 2014 at 12:08 am - Reply

    Good for them, they are Animals, lucky they didn’t get death? People like that don’t belong on the streets. They belong to be lock up for life !

  • POPULAR POSTS