Family of Fil-Am beaten in Atlanta continues to plea for justice

It’s been nearly two weeks since a Filipino-American man was randomly brutally beaten up in Atlanta, Georgia. While police continue their investigation, BA has spoken to a friend who runs the “Bring Justice for Mark” Facebook page.

The friend, serving as a spokesperson, behind the Bring Justice for Mark Facebook page, says that Mark Calub has remained in Atlanta on life support since the April 22nd attack.

The anonymous spokesperson says the family, who are in Atlanta with him, are asking for privacy.

In a statement, they say they are devastated and they continue to plead for help, and hope to bring justice — so the suspects cannot hurt others like they did to mark.

Surveillance video released by the Atlanta Police Department shows 3 of the suspects jumping into a vehicle, after assaulting Calub and his two friends around 3:00 am on the 500 block of Edgewood Street.

Atlanta Police have put out a $2,000 reward, hoping for leads in what they have labeled as a horrible assault.

The suspects are described as four black men, who drove away in a dark Nissan armada.

They hope anyone with information can call the Atlanta Police Department or Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS.

Calub, who grew up in Southern California, eventually moved to San Francisco — where he worked as a safety, health and environmental specialist.

The UC Irvine graduate was active in many Filipino, school, and church organizations. He even taught music education to the underprivileged in Kenya.

His involvement can be seen by the outpouring of support on the ‘Bring Justice for Mark’ Facebook page.

Since this past weekend, a donation YouCaring page has been raising funds and prayers from people that personally know him, as well as from strangers.

The page has a link to an emergency fund for the Calub family.

The donations will be used to help with the medical expenses, as he remains on life support.

While Mark fights for his life, the two friends he was with suffered only minor injuries, reportedly declining medical treatment at the scene.

No Comment

Leave a Reply