By Balitang America Staff, ABS-CBN North America Bureau
Sept. 12, 2014
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – A Jersey City daycare that serves at least one Pinoy family made headlines yesterday after more than two dozen children ended up in the emergency room for accidentally drinking bleach.
Investigators say the children drank bleach-tainted water, mistakenly given to them by a substitute teacher at a Growing Tree Learning Center II.
They say she used a bottle of water teachers use for cleaning instead of using the cooler.
Doctors say the concentration of bleach was low and none of the children suffered serious injuries.
All of the children have since been released from the hospital.
Balitang America confirmed that Growing Tree Learning Center II serves one family that is part Filipino.