Documenting Himself: Jose Antonio Vargas Shares His Life Story

By Don Tagala, ABS-CBN North America Bureau

“When I found out that I did not have the right papers…that I was here in America illegally, I had to create a different reality in my head…” Jose Antonio Vargas, the Pulitzer-prize winning journalist who has become the face of undocumented immigration, said this in the heart-wrenching new documentary called, “Documented.”

The documentary, written and directed by Vargas himself, is an account of a child from the Philippines, seemingly abandoned by his mother for a better life in the U.S….only to find out later that he is considered illegal in his adopted home.

“Documented” tells Vargas’ story.

And his story is part of a broader story of millions of others like him. This is a documentary that explores the broken immigration system in America.

“My biggest goal is to tell the most honest and realistic story I possibly can and let the chips fall where they may. But I will be lying to you if I didn’t tell you that politics is personal. This is personal,” Vargas said.

“Documented” premiered to a sold-out crowd at the National Portrait Gallery in Washington, D.C., at a time when lawmakers in Capitol Hill are debating the controversial immigration reform bill.

“His story makes this universal issue make sense to people, ” said Rich Fischer, a retired school superintendent, who saw the documentary.

“Throughout the movie, I was just in tears. As a Filipino-American, you realize the privilege of being born here in the States,” said Lorenzo Paglinawan, another viewer.

The premiere was also a reunion of the real life cast of characters in his documentary.

Vargas may have felt like a motherless child growing up in America, but he found great support from teachers and many surrogate moms who helped him make it through high school and college.

“He’s been carrying that burden for a long time and in many respects, trying to help the undocumented immigrants has been, in a sense, a release for him,” said Pat Highland, Vargas’ high school principal.

Vargas said “Documented” is in the process of completing itself, just like the pending immigration overhaul that could legalize 11 million undocumented immigrants like him.

“The film isn’t done because Congress isn’t done. I look forward to going to the Philippines and premiering this in the Philippines…if only I could get a passport,” said Vargas.

“I hope you get what you want…you get your papers in America…so you can also go home and see your mother again,” said his grandmother, Leonila Salinas.

• jorge buesa
    24 June 2013 at 7:02 pm - Reply

ComeOn you have be Jokeing this Vargas is a Pulizer-Prize Winning Journalist ? To me he is a CON-ARTIST how can you let this Guy stay in America UNDOCUMENTED ! ! TO me HE is a Lair and should go Back to the Philippines like other UNDOCUMENTED people ! ! Please America Send him Back and Make him come Back like other Filipinos that came to America the Rightway ! ! Don’t let him CUT IN LINE ! ! DO IT THE RIGHTWAY ! !

• Delia
      25 June 2013 at 4:20 am - Reply

Here’s an idea Jorge, ask the illegals why they should become citizens. When they show up show them the door untill everyone is wipe out , case close.

• Enigma
        25 June 2013 at 9:51 am - Reply

Really?!! The two of you have the guts to question Vargas’ Pulitzer Prize? Obviously Vargas is an ‘Undocumented’ has an excellent understanding of the English language to be awarded a Pulitzer Prize. Both of you, Jorge and Delia, have TERRIBLE English Grammar and Spelling. Don’t you know that one of the requirements to be living in the U.S.A. is to LEARN and UNDERSTAND Proper English? I’d say both of you are the ones who skipped the proper process and DID NOT DO IT THE RIGHT WAY!

• medeliaright
    25 June 2013 at 11:00 am - Reply

Wahahahaha… True to that Enigma, who knows these two might be the actual illegals or maybe do not live here in America at all !

• jorge buesa
    25 June 2013 at 1:09 pm - Reply

Enigma What your Undocumented it sounds like you are ? Because you back-up a person that is a ILLEGAL UNDOCUMENTED PERSON ! IF YOU ARE WE WILL CATCH YOU AND DEPORT YOUR BIG ASS OUT OF AMERICA DO YOU UNDERSTAND ! !

• Delia
      25 June 2013 at 3:04 pm - Reply

As always and never fail , This people will first throw an insult before they debate the issue. I am finding this very amusing, Such strong insulting comments throw at you before they state their opinion to the issue posted here . If i were you , i wont even address their names anymore .

They tend to think they are over the top , if they go back to their own country they’ll have a cesspool way of life. This two are peas in a pod,dumb ass and ass dumb, always the dumbest and the crazies hang together. Jorge Your Spelling and your grammar is a factor to them nothing else. They love to insult insult insult . With Out the USA they invaded their life is dung.

• Enigma
        25 June 2013 at 3:58 pm - Reply

Delia, just like Jorge, your English is laughable. I don’t think you can understand what you have just written either. Do you even know what ‘cesspool’ means? Let me help you, according to Merriam-Webster, Cesspool means: 1. an underground reservoir for liquid waste; 2. a filthy, evil, or corrupt place or state. Who is the dumb ass now? Before you use your limited knowledge of English Words and Idioms, at least understand what each word means and use them correctly. If you must know, spelling and grammar IS A BIG FACTOR when you want to get your opinion heard.

You want to hear my opinion on the issue? The reason why Vargas is being heard by politicians and people across the country is because he KNOWS how to get his message across. He is a RESPONSIBLE journalist who knows how to use his words and knows the power of his words. Unlike you, who PRETENDS to understand the words you’re saying. And you ask why he hasn’t been yet deported? because everyone knows he has a point and his fight is valid. Everyone who has supported him believes in him for his hard work and intelligence. He did not choose to come here in the U.S.A. undocumented when he was a child. Despite all the hurdles on his way, he fought hard to achieve something for himself. He is a fighter. He believes in his cause, and everyone believes in his cause.

Now, before you insult anyone who is undocumented, ask yourself these questions: what have you contributed to society? to humanity? to your community? You are an immigrant (if you really are) yourself who is searching for a better life and thus the reason why you’re here in the U.S. You’re lucky that you have the ‘right papers’ (????) but this does not mean that you’re a better person than the undocumented ones. You can learn a thing or two about respect.

25 June 2013 at 7:05 pm - Reply

Enigma, why are you so bitter? Would you reward a person that came into your house uninvited? Do you believe in the rule of law? There is a reason for laws. Every nation and I do mean every nation has the right to protect and enforce its sovereignty. Yes, Mr. Vargas is smart and very talented; but he also broke the law. Don’t be mad at the United States for enforcing its laws. The anger should be directed at his parents who knowingly broke the law. Mr. Vargas should take his talent and go home to his own country and make it a better place and if he wants to come back do it the right way; petition and wait his turn.. Please, don’t forget those who have waiting for years to immigrate legally.

• Enigma
            25 June 2013 at 8:33 pm -

Wil, I am not bitter or mad at anyone. I believe in following the law. What I don’t believe in is rudeness and use of foul language. Just because they claim to be ‘legal’ residents does not entitle them to be disrespectful.

• medeliaright
        26 June 2013 at 9:57 am - Reply

Here’s the correct grammar Delia- THESE people, not this, okay? will first insult you before they start the debate. Such strong insulting comments THROWN at you. okay? not throw at you, before they state their opinion to the issue posted here (I don’t know what to make out of these, so please consult a thesaurus at your local public library). Lastly, I just really don’t understand your predicaments Delia, as you are a very confusing and uneducated person. Were you born somewhere in the mountains of Abra or Kalinga?

• Delia
          26 June 2013 at 6:19 pm - Reply

The jokes are flying off the shelf now, appearing more naked and exposure is stripping your ability . posts by multiple personnality will now be ignored by me for lack of factual and intellectual content. Your all so typical and funny its hilarious. Tah Tah

• Medeliafake
            26 June 2013 at 6:22 pm -

There goes Delia again enigma, just can’t answer the questions being asked and can’t comprehend proper english and remains very arrogant.

• Enigma
            26 June 2013 at 8:09 pm -

@Medeliafake Lol, is there a way I can translate her English to English?

• delialusional
            27 June 2013 at 11:58 am -

Ano daw un? exposure sa ano? persoNNAlity. Your all, truly yours.

• Av
        26 June 2013 at 3:56 pm - Reply

Delia.. Huh???

• deliasuional
          26 June 2013 at 8:28 pm - Reply

no i dont know of any other way to translate english into english. Ebonics pa puede.

• delialousonial
          27 June 2013 at 8:26 am - Reply

@Enigma – oh wait, but there’s a way to translate a broken english into proper english. I think that’s better for our Delia the whitest Filipino ever !

• Enigma
            27 June 2013 at 10:40 am -

@delialousonial – there’s no problem with broken english, it’s Senseless English that’s unacceptable. lol

• delialusional
            27 June 2013 at 11:18 am -

Enigma – that’s true. Broken english is understanble while senseless english is just plain dumb.

• medeliaright
      26 June 2013 at 7:25 am - Reply

Jorge- kung ako sa iyo magbasa ka ng mga libro para matuto kang magsalita ng english. Sa tunog pa lang kasi, tintranslate mo lang ung tagalog mo sa english. Biruin mo ba naman ung heat mo naging heats?? Eh mga pinoy na tambay sa pinas ang nagsasalita ng ganyan eh….

• Enigma
    25 June 2013 at 2:22 pm - Reply

Really Jorge? I don’t know where you came from but me and generations of my family were born and raised here in the U.S.A. You tell that to all the others who has supported Vargas, let’s see who will be deported and sent back to where he came from. You did not even bother to learn comprehensible English. Let me guess, from the way that you speak, I see that you are uneducated, a sour grape, one of those immigrants who was petitioned or did whatever funny business you people do to get here in the U.S., escape your country’s poverty and is living off of the U.S. government’s handouts. Shame on you! Vargas has achieved so much in his young age even without the ‘right papers’. While you, IF, and that’s a big IF, you really are a ‘legal’ resident here in the U.S., cannot even learn to speak English properly. Now you tell me who has more merit to stay.

• medeliaright
      26 June 2013 at 7:19 am - Reply

Hats off to you Enigma, these folks like Delia and Jorge are the type of people who just know how to complain but without the proper knowledge about what they are actually talking about. They whine and whine but with no factual understanding of the topic being discussed.

• Delia
        26 June 2013 at 6:06 pm - Reply

Oh my my , the gang of multiple names in same personality has risen . Oh see can you see ? Same feathers flocks together . Keep having a tingle between your legs , stop taking drugs i may even believe a word you say.

• Medeliafake
          26 June 2013 at 6:37 pm - Reply

Take your drugs now because you are lost at translation.

• Delia
          26 June 2013 at 6:38 pm - Reply

Congratulation Delia

27 June 2013 at 2:43 pm - Reply

I would like to thank Medeliaright and Enigma for the spirited debate. For the ignorant spiteful person; maybe just maybe you ought to listen sometimes. You may learn something or two. I may not agree with Medeliaright or Enigma, but I will respect them for their opinion.

• Delia
    25 June 2013 at 3:10 pm - Reply

Mr. Vargas’s position is an unfortunate one, but the fact remains that he is here illegally, has broken several American laws, and should wait in line like everyone else. He’s obviously very talented and I feel for him in the situation he’s in. But we cannot open our borders wide open and let everyone in the world come in – we cannot sustain that nationally.

I’m sorry for your predicament, Mr. Vargas, yet I still believe you should have come in the front door like everyone else who is not born here, but wants to fulfill their own american dreams. Cheaters and those who cut in line shouldn’t be rewarded with citizenship.

• medeliaright
      26 June 2013 at 7:22 am - Reply

So Delia you said that you cannot open the borders wide open and let everyone in the world come in? Ahmmm, as far as I am concerned not everyone will be able to cross the borders either by land or air. Yet, you said that Vargas should leave and return the right way? I’m confused ! Are you really against migration or what?

25 June 2013 at 9:46 pm - Reply

Enigma, I can agree with that. No -one should be rude nor should they be using bad language in a public setting.

• Enigma
      26 June 2013 at 10:52 am - Reply

Wil, you are certainly right. No one should be using foul language especially in a public setting. Everyone has the right to their own opinion but it is unnecessary to be rude.

What infuriates me about Jorge and Delia’s posts is their show of disrespect of the American language.

They seem to me that they have ‘waited in line’ or are ‘waiting in line’ and think that it is only fair for everyone to do the same. I agree to that and I believe that everyone should follow the law. BUT does ‘waiting in line’ means you deserve to join the American society? In my opinion, they should also be required to prove that they are capable of showing respect to the American citizens, culture and language as well as all other nationalities and cultures that are in the U.S. before they are admitted to our country. They should be able to prove that they have good character, merit and intellect to be allowed to stay in our country. They should also be able to prove that they will be beneficial to our society and NOT be a liability.

From what they have written on their posts, they have shown their total disregard to AT LEAST learn our language. When we travel to another country, we make the effort to learn the local language, no matter how little, to show our respect and appreciation for the welcome that we received from the locals. Here in the U.S., we embrace the diversity that is around us that came with the immigrants from other nations. And yet, these two nincompoops who are showing total disregard and disrespect of our language and citizens thinks they are deserving to be in our country and reap the benefits just because they ‘waited in line’? I don’t think our law is enough. Just because they were petitioned by a family member or whoever and waited in line should not mean that they have the right to be in our country.

For me, I ask myself these very simple questions – would you want your children or future generation to be interacting with people who speaks like Jorge and Delia does? would you want to be represented as an American by people who uses foul language as they do when they communicate their opinions? I don’t. You are right, we don’t want uninvited visitors, but do you want an invited visitor who disrespects you and your guests in your own home?

Yes, Mr. Vargas should go through the legal process and wait in line, but wouldn’t you agree that he has already shown us what he can contribute to our society?

• medeliaright
        26 June 2013 at 11:27 am - Reply

Enigma – I totally agree with the provisions of the immigration reform. The reform does not state that the millions of illegal aliens would be automatically granted any sort of a free ride to path to citizenship. They must and still have to go through the process and pass requirements to become citizens just like I and the rest of other naturalized citizens of this great country. I really do not know where Jorge and Delia, Rick and Rodney are coming from here in U.S. (if they really here), but from the sound of it, they do not live here or if they do, have minimal knowledge of the entire immigration reform issue. I also agree that Jorge and Delia does not show any traits of those who had any collegiate education here in America. The context of their posts, sentences and grammar is a clear translation of their native language into English. Jorge and Delia also suspiciously said that they are indeed Americans which I find very hard to believe based upon the way they write their sentences and grammar.

• Enigma
          26 June 2013 at 12:55 pm - Reply

Exactly medeliaright! I don’t think the new reform would allow the illegal aliens to bypass those who are in line. These people should be more responsible in posting their opinions on issues like immigration.

• medeliaright
            26 June 2013 at 1:27 pm -

Absolutely not, that’s why it’s called Reform not Amnesty. Anyone who translates Reform into Amnesty is someone who does not understand what this entire reform is all about. To add to the argument about Jorge and Delia, their next moves regarding this issue is just like what they kept on saying… your posts will be ignored due to lack of factual whatever….

26 June 2013 at 5:36 pm -

Enigma & Medeliaright, I respectfully disagree. The “Reform” would allow the persons that are here illegally to remain here and to continue to work in the United States. So, yes that is defacto “Amnesty”. Mean while the others are waiting in their countries for their visas to arrive.So, how is that not awarding bad behavior?

I also agree that Mr. Vargas is talented and the kind of people that are needed in the United States; however he still broke the law and needs to be deport or volunteer to return to his native country. Then he could petition to immigrate lawfully. The ends do not justify the means.

• Medeliafake
            26 June 2013 at 5:53 pm -

No, wil. Amnesty is giving them the status of illegal to legal instantaneously while the reform makes them wait for 5 years and can stay here while they wait. Just as like when someone adjusts their status from working visa or any other likewise. I think the reform is in a way logical and economically for a better cause. I’m sure deporting 11 million plus people would be so much work and expensive for a broke country to sustain regardless of whose fault it is that this country is broke.

• jr(catholic against right wingers)
          26 June 2013 at 1:06 pm - Reply

Lol!

26 June 2013 at 6:17 pm -

Do illegals get to remain in the country and work under the Reform? If the answer is yes, then that is a defacto Amnesty. I am not for knocking down doors in people houses. I do feel if you are found to be illegally in the country then you should get deported. That means during traffic stops, job interviews, applying for government assistance and yes work place raids. No matter what country you are from. (you used in general terms) If a person has a working visa they are in the United States legally and they can adjust their status legally. If you are here illegally then you should not be able to adjust your status.

• Enigma
            26 June 2013 at 8:51 pm -

Wil, I agree with you when you said it is all “Politics”. You do have a point that the new ‘Reform’ may in fact be a defacto ‘Amnesty’. “Politics” can get creative to achieve something they want. Medeliafake has a good point as well, can we really afford to deport 11 million plus people? Our government must have something to gain to be pursuing a reform. If I remember it right, this has been going on since Bush’s administration. I totally agree with you when you stated that immigrants should follow the law, voluntarily return to their countries and immigrate lawfully. IDEALLY, this is what each of the 11 million should do, but REALISTICALLY? not going to happen. why? because it’s not practical for both the immigrants and our government. Immigrants would not self deport because for some like Mr. Vargas, life here is what they knew growing up. going back to their native country will be like moving to a foreign country. for others, they have risked coming here for greener pastures and have become accustomed to their status, why would they go back to a place they have escaped?
            why is the government offering reform? because they have something to gain. i doubt that they will pursue an issue unless there’s something in it for them. yes, it is unfair for those who are waiting in their native countries to be with their families residing here. but I do see the government’s POV, start with your own backyard. start with what is directly affecting you. start where you can gain more in a shorter time and can be called ‘legal and humane’.
            i’m sure the government has studied this issue long and hard. just imagine how much money they can collect from fees and penalties and back taxes from these 11 million people. do you think these immigrants would complain? no, instead they would readily pay the fees. would the government gain anything by deporting them? no, instead that is an expense for them. as Medeliafake has mentioned, we are broke. we need to make the money back we spent on war, put money back for Social Security benefits etc. and what better way to do that but to take advantage of the situation at hand.

• Delia
        26 June 2013 at 1:27 pm - Reply

Uh oh !! was i speaking in chinese or arabic , geesssh i must be since you have no clue what i was talking about. ……shame on you , english was not your language last time i check , you adopted english because you have no other choice living in USA .

A proven tactic. Talk down, demean, denegrate, shout, scream, disrupt, label, and then when all else fails accuse me of “Raaaaacism. You know what ? you are a whiny , you see a wrong doing of others but you dont see yourself doing worst. Your a liar enigma , you keep insulting us of our spelling , grammar and you think its ok , but when we throw back your garbage back at you then it is’nt ok.

That’s the beauty of this board. Anybody can look back at your previous comments and insult and see whether you’re full of it or not. In your case, it’s the former. You’re nasty nasty stabs at other people who disagree with you–obviously you are sorely lacking in intelligence. You just cant take or see reality if it hit your face . If you want to depend Mr, Vargas do so with out insult first. All were saying is this parasite Vargas should have been deported a long time ago. He has admitted to all sorts of fraud, including I-9 Form fraud, perjury, fraudulently obtaining two drivers licenses, and so on.
        Vargas is also a butt wrangler spreading AIDS all over USA. Antonio vargas is one of the Filipinos who is an opportunist , were given a visa in good faith and overstayed and took advantage of the privileges that he did’nt deserve. if he is intelligent and really love this country, then he has to respect the law. Vargas can cry all he wants ,he still here illegally , there’s no excuse for willful violations of the law . A crime is a crime no excuses.

• medeliaright
          26 June 2013 at 1:33 pm - Reply

Whew – hindi ko alam na may madre pala dito at si Delia yun ! Excuse me po, defend po hindi depend. Kung maari lang po huwag pong magsulat na parang dila ang ginagamit na panulat.

• medeliaright
            26 June 2013 at 1:48 pm -

Ang kinaka bwisit ko dito ay may mga taong ayaw magpatalo kahit na mali naman talaga ang kanilang pananaw. Maipilit lang talaga ang gustong iparating kahit na mapahiya. Isa pa, napapahiya na nga, sagot pa ng sagot. Pero ung sa pagsagot naman lalo lang tuloy napapahiya dahil sa katangahan. Sana naman po Delia, Jorge at Kikay, Ric, Rick and Rodney, ay isa ayos nyo ang inyong mga pananalita para naman hindi tayo nasasabihan ng mga ganyan. Sigurado naman akong mga nakatungtong din kayo ng kolehiyo at matagal tagal na rin dito sa Amerika. Kaya paki practice na lang po ung inyong mga natutunan dito sa Amerika at hindi ung puro KAYABANGAN lang ang pinaiiral.

• Delia
            26 June 2013 at 3:00 pm -

Mediliaright your complete crock , A pillar of mass stupidity. Is there a tingle between your legs yet ?

• Enigma
          26 June 2013 at 2:54 pm - Reply

Ummm can somebody please try to explain to Delia what I was trying to point out on my post? What I am trying to point out is to respect us Americans and our language. No need to use profanity. What I’m saying is to at least understand the meaning of the words that you are using. And that is the reality. When I travel to another country, I make sure that I at least try to learn their language and show my appreciation and respect, not curse at them.

And when did I ever say that Mr. Vargas was in the right for the perjuries he committed? Didn’t I say that he should wait in line for his turn? And why is he still not being deported? I don’t know, perhaps you should ask USCIS. Didn’t he openly admit his status to everyone? Remember, you are not only pertaining to Mr. Vargas but to 11 million others. and you’re accusing that he is spreading AIDS? Can you prove this? Now, who’s missing the facts? Are you accusing him the he is spreading the disease just because he admitted he’s gay? That is quite an accusation you have there, you better be careful with your words. You’ll have a whole other group to mess with.

What I did was give credit to Mr. Vargas’ achievements and for winning the Pulitzer Prize and called you out for insulting him in his winning the Pulitzer Prize in journalism when you can’t even write a decent post. I applauded him for his personal achievements not for the laws he has broken to stay in the country.

Delia, I suggest that you try to understand what is being said before you react.

• Av
            26 June 2013 at 3:51 pm -

Unfortunately enigma, Delia is not the type of person whom would succumb to her or his own mistakes. You and I could go on and on to explain to people like Delia what we meant and they would never understand. I suggest Delia that you stop translating Tagalog into English by using google translation. Kung hindi mo kayang sumulat ng English sa tamang paraan tagalugin mo na lang.

• Medeliafake
            26 June 2013 at 4:32 pm -

As you could see enigma, Delia is speechless, she cannot answer our questions properly. What she’ll do is reply something that will completely change he position about the matter. Yet, she’ll say something good about the those are involved. I remember someone said that Delia is suffering from multiple personalities as she’ll say something opposite of what she just said. A common trait of a person who has no backbones but its strong opposition to the matter.

26 June 2013 at 5:39 pm -

Enigma the reason why he wasn’t deported, in one word “Politics”

• jr(catholic against right wingers)
    26 June 2013 at 1:03 pm - Reply

Wil wrote:
    “Jr. how far back do you want to go in history? Mexican are not native to north America. Mexico was founded during a tribal war. A Chief came from the South heading north and saw a snake setting on a Cactus with a snake in its mouth, in a middle of a lake; what is now known as Mexico City. Mexicans marched north and came into what is now the United States. They the Spaniards and Mexicans slew and enslaved the natives (Native-Americans) or Indians. Why do you think Geronimo and Cochise hated the Mexicans? Or you could say that this land originally belong to the Africans; since man originated in Africa, migrated through Asia minor, Asia major through Russia over the Trans-Siberian bridge, through North America through Central America and down into South America. So, like I said how far back do you want to go? You do know that Native Americans hated the Mexicans and Spaniards at the time. Right? The basic fact is a country has the right to protect its sovereignty.”

@Wil… As far back as you want me to go into the history of mankind, if you wish. Why, Wil, were you there to witness? 😉 You said Mexicans are not native to North America? Hmmmm…. I can tell you failed Geography in 3rd or 4th grade. Mexicans are the people of Mexico, composing of Native American blood, the Mayans, the Aztecs, Apache, Cherokee, etc… and blood intermixing with Spanish, which is still located in North America. These people are of BROWN RACE and are native to North America. The undocumented immigrants, I would say roughtly 95% of them having brown color are of Mexican descent are endowed with certain innate inalienable natural rights. Like ALL people, Wil, including you, lawbreakers, abiding citizens, illegal or legal, prisoners, criminals, sinners or saints, posses these inalienable rights that are NOT PRIVILEGES THAT ARE BESTOWED BY THE STATE, BUT ARE GIFTS FROM GOD THAT NO STATE, NO KING OR POTENTATE CAN TAKE AWAY. In other words Wil, God’s laws for the well being of his children, including you, must always be above STATE laws. Do you understand? Is it more humane and economical to round them up and ship or deport them than to retain/adopt them and use them to strengthen our nation and economy? These questions are no brainer questions? Only people who are in favor of deporting them are doing it out of HATE. But for those who are in favor of keeping and adopting them are doing it out of LOVE. Because at the end of the day, these are truly our brothers and sisters. If one treats them otherwise, then, he must look at them differently, like different from us or not one of us type of attitude instead of they are us. Do you understand, Wil?

And oh, if you must know, the Native Americans or First Nations are descendants of people from Asia tens of thousands of years ago. Therefore, they are ASIANS! Yes, Wil, we are close relatives of these so called “illegal aliens.” It is important to help them humanely. We must always be good to OUR NEIGHBORS no matter what crimes or sins they have done because the neighbors whom we are helping are actually US. Do you understand, Wil?

• Delia
      26 June 2013 at 3:50 pm - Reply

Are we still in the same issue here ? JR ? or are you in another discussion page , you bambarded Wil with lecture about history and i only see 2 post from wil , which is in respond to Enigma. Unless i’m in the dream world . Oh ! wait , thats right i never know what i’m talking about as i was told.

• Av
        26 June 2013 at 3:53 pm - Reply

Bombarded po Hindi bambarded, in response po Hindi in respond. Unless I am dreaming po ang tamang sentence. Hayyyyy nako.

• JR AGAINST IDIOTS
        27 June 2013 at 5:01 pm - Reply

YOUR POST LACK FACTUAL AND INTELLECTUAL CONTENT AND MUST BE IGNORED!

26 June 2013 at 5:19 pm - Reply

Jr, I told myself that I wouldn’t stoop this low, but with people like you I can see that you’re are insecure. 1st of all Mexico is not in North America, its in Central America. Oh Yea! get a world atlas and you’ll see up close and personal. You can read an Atlas? Right? 3rd. You need to read how Mexico was founded. I did and I know the history. 4th, The Apache, Comanche, Hopi and the rest of the Southwest Indian tribes hate the Mexicans. The Mexican army, went into their villages and slaughter the men, raped the women and enslaved them. That is fact not fiction. That is why Cochise, Geronimo and Natchez hated and declared war on the Mexicans. It is you that doesn’t know geography nor History. It is you that is bitter and it you and people like you that spread untruths. You should be more like Enigma, logical and able to debate without putting a person down. Thank you for the intelligent conversation.

26 June 2013 at 5:24 pm - Reply

Oh by the way, the Cherokee are from the South astern part of the United States, you know South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia and Georgia. The Aztecs and Mayan are from Northern part of South America. You can look that up too.

• jr agianst idiots
          27 June 2013 at 5:41 pm - Reply

oh dear! Wil, wil, wil…… Do you know that a big chunk of the USA was part of Meixico and that some of these Native America ttribes were in the coujntry of MEIXICO! Judging from your postsWil, I can tell that you nneither live in the USA nor in any part of N.Merica because it would just be llaughable and embarrasing that you wouldn’t be able to point out where you are from. Im not insecure Sir. I am just telling the truths and facts because some of these truths are being twisted by the RIGHT WINGERS AND IDIOTS!

• Medeliafake
        26 June 2013 at 5:48 pm - Reply

Ahem, may I say that Mexico is North America? Central America is composed of countries such Costa Rica, panama, Nicaragua, etc. I wouldn’t look at atlas, rather I’d loom at Wikipedia for better and most accurate information.

26 June 2013 at 6:04 pm - Reply

Medeliafake, no that isn’t correct. Central America countries are: Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Belize and Honduras. North American countries are United States and Canada. South American countries are: Columbia. Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil, Ghana and Venezuela. I may of missed some.

26 June 2013 at 6:07 pm -

Even though Mexico is close to the United States, it is still consider Central America.

• Medeliafake
            26 June 2013 at 6:07 pm -

Well I don’t know but Wikipedia is correct. Mexico is part of North America.

• Medeliafake
            26 June 2013 at 6:12 pm -

Depends on who you ask wil. Bit generally Mexico is North America. You might get a different answer from someone else it its generally North America. Remember we are talking about continents and not countries, Mexico is in North America and connects to the Central America through the Panama Canal. Check for yourself on Wikipedia or any other reliable source.

• Medeliafake
            26 June 2013 at 6:15 pm -

Ghana is in Africa you mean Guyana?

26 June 2013 at 6:20 pm - Reply

Yepper that what I meant. Some times my spelling is off. Sorry. … lol

26 June 2013 at 6:33 pm -

You’re right as far as Wikipedia is concerned Mexico is part of North America.

• Delia
            26 June 2013 at 8:05 pm -

As far as Wikipedia and by geographical facts, Mexico is North America so make sure that you get your facts right kung ayaw mong mapahiya sa iba.

• Delia
            27 June 2013 at 4:56 am -

Wow , what a dingbat using my name now , And you are one illogical ignorant . I hope you are trilled being a shemale. Oh wait , DOMA has just pass so i guess you now have a License to wrangler butts .

• medeliaright
            27 June 2013 at 8:17 am -

@Delia – I ignore your posts and responds to lack of factual facts.

• JR AGIANST IDIOTSst idiots
            27 June 2013 at 5:45 pm -

@dELIA…. wHAT DOES YOUR COMMENT HAVE TO DO WITH doma AAND butt wrangleing? You are one pice of 1943857293475 Your ha baffles me

• JR AGIANST IDIOTS
        27 June 2013 at 5:15 pm - Reply

i WOULDN’T STOPP THIS LOW BUT WHEN i THOUGHT YOUSOUNDED AT LEAST TEMPERAMENTAL i THOUGHT i WOULD RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENT. i KNEW FROM THE BEGGINNING WHEN YOU MAKE AN IGNORAMOUS COMMENT ABOUT mEXICANS AND mEXICO THAT YOUR WORLD VIEW IS RATHER ERRONEOUS AND SKEWED. aND i WAS RIGHT. yOU HAVE FAILED gEOGRAPHY MISERABLY. yOU ARE ONE OF THEOSE PEOPLE WHO WILL DENY THTA eGYPT IS IN aFRICA. kNOW TH aY NAKU…. BEOFRE YOU MAKE COMMENS ON UNDOCUMENTED IMMIIGRANTS, AT LEAST KNOW THE PEJOPLE AND THIEIR HISTORY. yOU ARE NOW SOUNDING LIKE IGNORAMOUS noz!

• Delialusion
          27 June 2013 at 6:32 pm - Reply

It’s called deliajemon language. Tah tah tah eeeee